- Reptiles Alive! (Teacher’s Guide)
Our most popular show is a great introduction to the world of reptiles. Learn snake secrets and laugh at our lizard stories and turtle tales. Featured animals may include a boa or python, tortoise, lizards and other amazing animals.
- Rainforest Reptiles Alive! (Teacher’s Guide)
Discover the dynamic world of tropical rainforests while you meet beautiful jungle animals. Live animals from each layer of the forest will be featured along with stories of survival in this fascinating and endangered environment. Featured animals may include an iguana, boa constrictor, turtle and other rainforest creatures.
- Ecosystems Alive! (Teacher’s Guide)
Students will meet live reptiles from a variety of habitats and discover why healthy ecosystems are so important to all life on Earth. This program was created using the Virginia Standards of Learning in Science to assist teachers in motivating their students to learn more. Featured animals may include a boa constrictor, box turtle, bearded dragon, and other animals from around the world.
- Backyard Reptiles Alive! (Teacher’s Guide)
Uncover the secrets of the reptiles living in your own backyard. Learn what to do when you encounter wild animals and how to help wildlife in your own neighborhood. Featured animals may include an eastern rat snake, box turtle, snapping turtle, and other amazing native species.
- Desert Reptiles Alive! (Teacher’s Guide)
Awesome animals from the awe-inspiring desert will be showcased during this exciting program about one of our planet’s most extreme habitats. Find out how animals can survive in such a harsh environment. Animals may include a uromastyx, tortoise, gecko, and more extreme animals.
Lesson plans, Crafts, and more:
Fun science lessons, activities, arts, crafts, and projects that include a reptile theme. Have fun and feel free to pass them around or modify them to fit your needs.
- Reptiles Alive LLC – Kids Page with fun and educational coloring sheets, word searches and puzzles.
- Animal Classification – students learn how classification works in a fun exercise where they get to classify objects in the classroom.
- The Blind Naturalist – students learn how scientists may use all their senses to learn about the natural world.
- Camo Chameleon – Learn about animal camouflage and design camo for a creature of your own.
- Cold Blooded – a fun outdoor experiment that teaches children basic laws of thermodynamics as they pretend to be a reptile.
- Coloring Pages and Wordfinds – keep your little artists busy with these fantastic coloring pages.
- Crawlin Collage – build a whole ecosystem or even a world with magazine cutouts and learn to place animals in their proper biome.
- Food Web – students learn about the importance of different animals in the ecosystem and their roll in the food web as they build their own.
- Reptile Adaptation – discover what allows animals to survive in their own environment while using their imagination.
- Reptiles Rock – research and build the perfect world for a reptile in this creative and fun lesson.
- Sniffers – students learn how reptiles smell with their tongues in this exciting experiment.
- Sound Art – listen with your ears and create with your mind a beautiful picture of an animal sound.
- Toad House – encourage an amazing animal to move in to your yard with this fun and creative project.
- Where in the World – travel the world in search of animal secrets. Learn about human culture and languages, then present to the class!
“The scouts really love her doing the alligator courting song.” – Bob Becklund, Cubmaster, Fairfax, VA